Served as a main dish with salad or as a side dish - this recipe is just brilliantly simple!approx. 20 minutes
400 g spiral pasta
250 g HANDL TYROL Tiroler Speck PGI Ham
250 g white asparagus
250 g green asparagus
60 g Tyrolean mountain cheese
50 g quark
½ garlic clove
Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Peel the carrots and then slice into thin strips using a peeler. Clean the leek and cut length-ways, wash and slice into strips of approx. 5 mm.
- Wash the asparagus, peel the bottom third and cut off the ends. Cut the tips off the green asparagus for the garnish. Use a peeler to slice both sorts length-ways in thin strips. Wash and quarter the tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Blanch the vegetable strips in salted water for approx. 2 minutes and then strain. Finely chop the garlic and stir into the quark together with the vegetable strips, adding 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Give the tomatoes a quick turn in hot olive oil.
- Cut the Tiroler Speck PGI Ham into approx. 2 cm wide strips and fry briefly in a pan. Add the pasta, cover with the quark mix and mix everything together.
- Garnish the Tyrolean pasta with freshly grated Tyrolean mountain cheese and asparagus tips and then serve on plates.
Spring time = time for asparagus
Asparagus is a delightfully light spring vegetable with many vitamins and important nutrients that can be preparies and many different ways. Especially our Tyrolean Air-Dried Ham or the Tiroler Speck PGI Ham match the fresh taste of asparagus in a perfect way.