A whiff of the south and the mild aroma of the Tyrolean Air-dried Ham make you feel like holidays - a special treat for family and friends.approx. 85 minutes
500 g potatoes
400 g leeks
100 g carrots
100 g red pepper
150 g HANDL TYROL Tiroler Speck PGI Ham Cubes
200 g HANDL TYROL Tyrolean Kaminwurzerl
800 ml meat stock
125 ml white wine
1 tin tomato passata
1 garlic clove
1 bay leaf
- For the stew, peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Cut the leeks into approx. ½ cm rings and grate the carrots into fine strips. Cube the pepper.
- Add the Tiroler Speck PGI Ham Cubes and the thin slices of Tyrolean Kaminwurzerl to a pan to sweat.
- Add the vegetables, cook briefly and add white wine. Then add the hot stock and herbs and cover and simmer for approx. 20 minutes.
- Add the tomato passata and cook for approx. 5-10 minutes.
- When the potatoes have the right consistency, remove the garlic, bay leaf and lovage, season and add extra seasoning to taste.
If you’re searching for cooking inspiration. Become a Tyrolean!
We Tyroleans enjoy our speck, ham and raw sausage specialities at any time of the day. You can find many more modern and creative recipes - no matter if for breakfast, lunch or a midnight snack - in the recipe section of our magazine.Recipes