A whiff of the south and the mild aroma of the Tyrolean Air-dried Ham make you feel like holidays - a special treat for family and friends.approx. 85 minutes
For the pastry:
300 g flour
150 g soft butter
100 ml water
1 egg yolk
For the filling:
1 kg asparagus
150 g HANDL TYROL Tiroler Speck PGI Ham Cubes
200 ml whipping cream
1 bunch of parsley
- For the pastry, knead flour, butter, water, egg yolk and salt into a smooth dough, make a ball, wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for approx. 30 minutes.
- Wash and peel the asparagus and chop off the ends. Cook in salted water with a pinch of sugar for approx. 10 minutes, drain and leave to dry.
- Wash the herbs, pat dry and chop finely. Stir together cream, eggs and herbs and season well.
- Roll the dough out between sheets of cling film. Butter the quiche tin and then cover the bottom and sides with the pastry. Prick several times with a fork.
- Distribute the asparagus and Tiroler Speck PGI Ham Cubes over the pastry and cover with the egg and cream mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on the second shelf from the bottom at 200 °C for approx. 40 minutes.
Spring time = time for asparagus
Asparagus is a delightfully light spring vegetable with many vitamins and important nutrients that can be preparies and many different ways. Especially our Tyrolean Air-Dried Ham or the Tiroler Speck PGI match the fresh taste of asparagus in a perfect way.
Serve to your friends or family a tasty and rustic Tyrolean flatbread with Tyrolean Ham PGI as a yummy alternative for pizza & co.approx. 25 minutes
Ideal for a nice picnic or tasty snack.approx. 25 minutes