Italy meets Tyrol: Parmesan Panna Cotta with Fig and Tyrolean Bacon Crunch20 minutes preparation / 180 minutes rest
For 4 persons
- Mash the cooked and peeled potatoes. For a smooth waffle dough strain the mashed potatoes through a sieve. If you are in a hurry, just skip this step.
- Combine mashed potatoes, eggs, flour, baking powder and Crème fraiche in a large bowl until well blended. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
- Preheat a waffle iron and generously grease both sides of the iron with oil.
- Fill the waffle iron with the potato dough. Close the lid and bake until golden brown on both sides.
- Place the baked waffles on a paper towel and let drip off.
- Meanwhile finely dice chives and spring onions. Combine curd or cream cheese, the diced chives and spring onions, a dash of olive oil, and the juice of half a lemon in a bowl and stir until it has a creamy texture. Season with salt, pepper, a little bit of grated garlic, and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
- Arrange the waffles with the cream-cheese mixture and place some Speck julienne on top. Serve it still warm with a garden-fresh mixed salat on the side.
The waffles are still delicious the next day out of the lunch box! Or make a sandwich with some ham, cream cheese, and salad. That’s Tyrolean Meal Prep!
Einfach zum Genießen: Unser Tiroler Tagliata vom Rind mit Bete und knusprigem Knoblauchbrot45 minutes
For all tiramisu lovers: Tyrolean baked apple tiramisu with caramelised bacon45 minutes
A quick oven bake with spinach and fine Ham Cubes.30 minutes
So much more than an open sandwich. Which one of our 5 variations is your favourite?60 minutes
Mucho taste for you and your amigos!30 minutes