A whiff of the south and the mild aroma of the Tyrolean Air-dried Ham make you feel like holidays - a special treat for family and friends.approx. 85 minutes
Ingredients for 1 loaf
350 g hokkaido pumpkin
100 g HANDL TYROL Tiroler Speck PGI Ham Cubes
1 tbsp butter
500 g flour
1 pack dry yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Clean, wash and deseed the pumpkin. Cut the pumpkin into cubes and slowly boil with a little water until soft, while occasionally stirring. Afterwards drain the water and blend the pumpin into a nice puree.
- Fold in the butter and milk and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Mix the flour, dry yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Use the dough hook of a hand mixer to knead the egg and pumpkin-butter mixture into a dough. Afterwards fold in the HANDL TYROL Tiroler Speck PGI Ham Cubes and continue kneading the dough until smooth. Cover the dough and let it rest in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Loosely scatter some flour on your worktop and shape the dough into a loaf, before placing it in a previously greased loaf pan. Make a 1cm deep cut lengthways with a sharp knife and lightly coat it with some milk (according to your preference you can also sprinkle it with some roasted pumpkin seeds).
- Bake in the oven (without preheating) at 170°C for approximately 50 minutes. Once the bread sounds hollow when tapping on it, it should be done.
Tip: Wrapped in a kitchen cloth, the bread stays fresh for 1-2 days.
Cooking with Speck
Serve to your friends or family a tasty and rustic Tyrolean flatbread with Tyrolean Ham PGI as a yummy alternative for pizza & co.approx. 25 minutes
Surprise your friends and family with this exciting crostinis, a combination of sweet and tasty!approx. 40 minutes